Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent Calendar Day 18--Christmas Stockings


Back in the day, I was a fairly crafty person....no, not sly....crafty! A good friend and I were babysitters....home daycare providers, if you will. During naptime, every afternoon, we would bring out our latest craft project.....sit, sew and watch daytime soaps, while the kids slept.


Sometime before 1984, I handcrafted Christmas stockings for my boys. I guess we must have been into Snoopy and Charlie Brown back then.

These same two stockings have hung on the mantel ever since....although now that they are adults, they are purely decorative.

© 2010, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser

2 comments:

  1. They are wonderful. Cute! I think you should fill them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried doing a needlepoint stocking with grand plans of doing everyone but didn't get much past the name (another UFO in my craft closet). Luckily I still had my origal store bought ones on standby!
    Theresa (tangled trees)

    ReplyDelete